Yields: 8 servings
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 8, 1/4 inch slices of fresh pineapple
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- Very Teriyaki sauce (or your favorite teriyaki)
- 2 tablespoons Fire & Flavor Asian rub
- 8 King’s Hawaiian rolls or your favorite slider buns
- Honey chili aioli (recipe to follow)
- Mix the F&F Asian rub thoroughly with the ground pork. Allow to marinate while lighting your HERO grill.
- Cut each slice of gruyere cheese into 4 small square pieces. Set aside.
- Form 8, 2 ounce slider patties out of the ground pork.
- When your HERO grill is ready to cook, grill the pineapple slices until they have nice marks on either side. Brush them on each side with the teriyaki sauce and set them aside to stay warm.
- Season the slider patties with a little salt and black pepper. Grill them on one side for 3 minutes. Flip them with your GRATEMATCH bamboo spatula and top each with two squares of the gruyere. Grill another 3 minutes until the cheese has melted and the patties are medium well. While you are cooking your sliders, slice your Hawaiian rolls or slider buns in half and spread some of the honey chili aioli on both sides.
- Assemble your sliders with a pork patty and a slice of teriyaki pineapple and ENJOY!
Honey Chili Aioli (can be made ahead of time)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Huy Fong chili garlic sauce (this can be found at most major grocery stores or Asian markets)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate overnight or store in a cooler