- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Fire & Flavor burger seasoning
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 King’s Hawaiian rolls (or your favorite slider buns)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced cilantro (or a 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 a fresh lime
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Mix the F&F burger seasoning thoroughly with the ground beef. Allow to marinate while lighting your HERO grill
- For the tomatoes, whisk together the oil, vinegar, cilantro, oregano and season with a little salt & pepper. Add the tomato slices and lightly toss. Let the tomatoes marinate while grilling your sliders.
- For the avocado spread, cut the avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl, mash it well with a fork or potato masher. Squeeze in the fresh lime juice and press or finely mince the garlic and add it to the avocado. Mix the avocado spread until it is as chunky or smooth as you like. Season to taste with salt & white pepper.
FOR THE SLIDERS:
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until nicely browned and crispy. Remove it from the skillet and let it drain on paper towels. When the bacon is cooled, finely crumble it and mix it into the seasoned ground beef. Form 8, 2 oz burger patties. Cut each slice of pepper jack into 4 small squares. When your HERO grill is ready to cook, grill each slider patty on one side for 2-3 minutes, flip them with your GRATEMATCH bamboo spatula and top with 2 squares of the pepper jack cheese. Grill until the cheese is melted and your slider patties are at your desired temp (medium rare recommended!)
- While cooking your slider patties, slice your rolls or buns in half and spread some of the avocado on both sides.
- Assemble your sliders with a burger patty and a slice of marinated tomato and ENJOY!
Prep tips for the outdoor adventurer
- Prepare your sliders patties at home, place them in a Tupperware container and store them on ice in your cooler.
- Prepare the marinated tomatoes at home or morning of at camp, marinate them in a Tupperware container and store in your cooler until ready to use
- Prepare the avocado spread at home or the morning of at camp. Fill a Tupperware container with the spread and PLACE THE AVOCADO SEED in with the spread. The seed will keep the spread from oxidizing and turning brown. Store in your cooler until ready to use
- Prepare all your other accompaniments (i.e. cheese, honey chili aioli, sliced pineapple) ahead of time and store in Tupperware containers in your cooler.